- - Chargers and batteries carry a 6 month replacement warranty. Surge and lightning damage is excluded and not covered.
- - All flashlights carry 2 (two) year replacement warranty with the possibility for repair. Please note - flashlights under the value of R1000 carry a 6 month replacement warranty, unless otherwise stated.
- - e-Glow does not carry warranty on items not supplied by us or one of our dealers. You may contact us for assistance, we might assist at our discretion, but such assistance will incur an administration fee.
NOTES ON WARRANTY TERMS
2.1 - Should you find a fault with your E-Glow product, please contact us first to allow us the opportunity to do debugging with you. If we cannot assist you telephonically or via email then you will have to send the unit to us for inspection. Please notify us of the tracking number, so we are aware and on the lookout for your parcel.
Before contacting us, please check the following.
- A: Your battery is in fact fully charged and not inserted the wrong way around, in the flashlight or in the charger. Flat batteries may take up to 10 hours to charge, so please be patient.
- B: All the components of the torch are tightly fastened to allow contact, specifically refer to the tail cap of most torches and battery compartment.
2.2 - Items shipped from us and found to be faulty within 7 days of delivery, will be collected by us at our cost via courier or other reasonable method, this has to be explicitly arranged please.
2.3 – Within the repair period of a product, once it has been determined that a fault may exist, the client is responsible to deliver the faulty unit to us at the clients cost. (Also see point 2.1) The most cost effective methods are:
- Postnet to Postnet +-R99,
- OR Aramex at supported Pick N Pays, to our door R99
- Please do not use the post office as it’s unreliable.
Please be sure though to shop around and get a quote beforehand as courier charges may vary significantly!
Once received, we will investigate the item and replace if necessary. We will then return the item to the client at our cost.
Items will be sent via Courier or Postnet to Postnet, as determined at our discretion.
2.4 - Units that carry a 2 year replacement warranty, the option does exist from year 3-5 to have the unit repaired at the e-Glow factory. In such a case, the client will be liable for the costs to deliver the unit to us, and for costs to have the unit returned from us.
RESTRICTIONS ON WARRANTY TERMS
3.1 - High Intensity flashlights will produce heat; some units will reduce brightness after a couple of minutes or at a certain temperature to reduce heat built-up. Heat built-up is normal and unavoidable and will not constitute a warranty claim.
3.2 - Returned items have to have a perceivable error in order to qualify as a valid warranty claim. In other words, when we test the item, we have to be able to detect a problem or malfunction. Items functioning normal or with undetectable errors will not be replaced.
3.3 - Physical damage due to being dropped will not be covered by warranty.
3.4 - It is strongly recommended to NOT submerge your flashlight. The IPX waterproofing is merely an indication that the flashlight is capable of handling day to day tasks, this exclude purposefully submerging the unit, unless it is made for diving.